Oxford University Amnesty International are holding a sleepout on Saturday 26th February (sixth week) as part of the national sleepout week to end destitution for the thousands of asylum seekers living in extreme poverty who come to the UK seeking protection and, denied the right to work, often end up in detention centres or sleeping on the streets. The majority of the public don’t know about this situation meaning that the Government is under no pressure to change its policies. We need to make people aware of this scandal and demand an end to destitution. Please encourage anyone you know to take part, from 9pm outside the Radcliffe Camera in Oxford, and we look forward to seeing as many people as possible for what will hopefully be a very significant night.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Refugee Week Film Show – Tuesday 20 June
- MIGRANT DETENTION IN THE EUROPEAN UNION: A THRIVING BUSINESS
- 23rd anniversary demo at Campsfield, Saturday 26th November 2016
- PRESS RELEASE – Big protest at Campsfield in run-up to 23rd anniversary demonstration on 26 November
- 23 YEARS TOO LONG! DEMO 26 NOVEMBER